Updates and Shipping times will be listed on the bottom of the front page of our website!
Our Complete Lower Receiver is Built in House Using our Stripped Hybrid Lower
Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit
and a Commercial Diameter Six Position Collapsible Stock.
Tennessee Arms Company is proud to offer our hybrid Nylon 6-6/ metal lower receiver. This stripped receiver is designed to accept any mil-spec lower parts kit. All colors are molded directly into and throughout the entire receiver so you never have to worry about wearing it off unlike a painted finish.
TAC Patent Pending design is Reinforced Nylon 6-6 with Marine Grade Brass threaded inserts molded into the material for strength and corrosion resistance.Our receivers are designed to accept any quality lower build kit. Using the Metal inserts into a high impact polymer receiver make the Tennessee Arms Receiver truly the Highest Strength/ Lightest weight hybrid receiver (5.6oz) on the market. We ARE the best receiver on the market and always will be.
Our receiver design is patent pending.
"I honestly can't find any sort of practical test that would harm this receiver or make it in any way inferior to an aluminum one."- Tom @ Apex Gunsmithing Experpt from a Third Party Review at http://www.apexgunsmithing.com/poly-receivers-testing-part-2/
Federal law requires that you be 21 years or age or older to purchase a stripped receiver or frame. If a frame or receiver can only be made into a long gun (rifle or shotgun), it is still a frame or receiver not a handgun or long gun. However, they still are "firearms" by definition, and subject to the same GCA limitations as any other firearms. Please enter the phone number, city, and state of the licenced dealer you would like it shipped to when ordering.
This was the first lower I've ever purchased and I could not be happier. Great customer service! Can't wait to do business with them again.
Very happy. This is the second lower I've purchased. Fit form and function is flawless.
Great quality product excellent customer service fast shipping
Great product. Excellent customer service and it shipped super fast. Very light and fit my complete upper well
Great product, only issue light flashing on lower that needed cleaned up. Nothing major. Put together with a sota arms upper fit perfect, shot great. Then took a dpms upper fit was also perfect. I will buy another. Shipping was also extremely fast.
Outstanding piece of gear. Put 500 rounds through it as soon as I got it and no issues. Comes with great parts & trigger is as smooth as butter! Highly recommended!
I'll try to be as objective as possible in this review. I have built only 3 AR's so my experience is limited.
That being said, I very much like the look and feel of this receiver. Everything fit's pretty well without any modification needed. I'm running this receiver in a 300 blackout pistol build.
I'll get the cons of this receiver out of the way first as it is a much shorter and insignificant list.
1. Some the parts from the CMMG LPK were a little tighter fitting than I'm used to; consquentially, they didn't slide/move as freely as I'm used to. The parts in specific that don't move as freely are the bolt catch, and the take-down pins. They take a little more effort to move than on the aluminum receivers I've dealt with. I don't know if the bolt catch stiffness is a problem (as far as locking back on firing of last round in mag) because I've been having a difficult time finding 300 AAC ammo for less than $2.00 per round, but it seems to lock back fine in pulling the charging handle back with an empty mag in there. As far as the takedown pins are concerned, it just takes a little more effort to push them in or out. That could also be attributed to the particular upper that I'm using though, so take that for what it's worth.
2. I don't know if this is the CMMG LPK problem or the lower receiver itself, but the sprint & detent combo from the handle into the receiver is either a little to short or not strong enough or something. Switching the selector from safe to fire is pretty mushy. Function testing proves that it will work just fine (safety works and fire drops the hammer like it should), but it is mushy. I just don't like that but I'm thinking I can just drop some filling in the handle or something so that the spring pushes up harder on the detent.
3. This is really just a nuance and not so much anything important, but where the serial number is engraved is a bright silver and to me it just looks a little tacky. That's just me being picky though I think.
1. Frigging lightweight. I love it. There are others that are as light as this receiver out there, but they're four times the price (e.g. Mag Tactical Systems lightweight lower reveiver).
2. Ruggedness/Robustness (is that a word?). This thing is built Ford Tough. There's a lot of flaming out there on the interwebz surrounding polymer lowers, but after reading many different reviews on independent third parties trying to break this thing, I figured I'd pull the trigger (no pun intended) on it and I'm not disappointed. Don't take my word for it. Google the torture tests on this thing. Find out for yourself.
3. Aesthetics. First of all there's two things. A: This thing doesn't really mar like aluminum receivers do. And 2: if it DOES mar, it's polymer. Who cares? And you can't really see it anyways. So that's always nice. I always hated taking my other AR's out and being pissed off that I put another huge scratch on it from training with weapons manipulation.
4. Everything seems to feel (for the most part--see CONS section) and function exactly the way the aluminum receivers do. Mag release, Bolt release, trigger, and everything else. It just works (as to be expected for the product to be as popular as it is I guess). This "PRO" is probably a no-brainer, but I figured I'd include it just in case anyone had any questions about it.
5. Not really a PRO for me, but I've read some others that feel this way about it. If someone else notices your receiver/rifle looks different, it makes for a great conversation starter. Cool technology to show off and you might make a friend or two.
6. Price. I see lower receivers go for up to 400 these days. Not sure what in the name of Zeus' beard makes them so damned expensive, but it's refreshing to see a lower (even fully assembled) for less than $170.
7. Lifetime guarantee. I'm really happy about the fact that these things are guaranteed. Even if they DO break (which people keep trying to do till this day) the guys at TN Arms. are more than willing to fully replace the receiver. That's pretty farkin' sweet. I don't plan on taking advantage of that guarantee, but it's nice to know they've got your back. I know of some other companies that pretty much tell you to "fornicate" yourself (won't bash other companies, but you can find those horror stories out there), if your receiver or something else on the rifle breaks.
Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and I definitely would buy this again. Hope this review is helpful.
Dead on color match with Magpul FDE. Lightweight and solid. Like any polymer lower it's a little tight fitting with the upper until you throw lead down range. Fast shipping too!
The lower perfectly mounted to the upper I bought, there were no burrs on the injection molding and the trigger is crisp. I took it out today and it performed flawlessly. The etching was also perfect and clear looking. Awesome/10 guys.